Associate Editor for the Journal of Addictions & Offender Counseling
The IAAOC Executive Committee is seeking applications for Associate Editor of the
Journal of Addiction & Offender Counseling (JAOC) .
JAOC is published semi-annually and contains scholarly articles that support effective counseling and rehabilitation programs for people with substance abuse problems, other addictions, and adult and/or juvenile public offenders.
The Associate Editor position is a three-year term beginning July 1, 2017. The position includes compensation for travel to the annual ACA Conference in accordance with IAAOC travel reimbursement guidelines.
To apply, please email a cover letter and CV by March 10, 2017 to Regina Moro, President-Elect of the International Association of Addictions and Offender Counselors, at email@example.com.
- Solicit manuscripts through announcements, calls for papers, and direct contacts (e.g., inviting manuscripts from successful cofference presentations)
- Apply expertise in quantitative and/or qualitative research in reviews of manuscripts referred from the Editor of JAOC
- Assist in facilitating manuscript review process, including correspondence with a subset of the JAOC Editorial Board and selected ad hoc reviewers, particularly in the reviewer's area of expertise
- Receive reviews and make preliminary dispositions, occasionally resulting in acceptance with minor revision, but more commonly resulting in rejection.
- Return reviews to authors for revision. Secure revised manuscripts for final disposition. (There could be several rounds of revisions.)
- Assist in line edits of manuscripts and submit to author(s) for final approval.
- Notify authors of dispositions. Secure transfer of copyright and other information forms.
- Occasionally write editorial; organize chapters by theme, relevance, quality, etc.
- Assist in sending all manuscripts needed to bind volume, along with necessary paperwork, to publisher.
- Review proofs and correct errors, as needed.
- Coordinate some marketing or outreach to promote the journal, particularly on social media platforms
- Assist in maintaining accurate database on ScholarOne to monitor manuscripts from submission to disposition.
- Correspond in timely fashion with JAOC Editor and publisher, as needed.
- Assist in in range of similar duties for Annual Review.